Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Quote 1

"Some people will insist that any change our planet is experiencing is simply a natural, cyclical process, the actions of human beings have nothing to do with it."

I chose this quote because I think that one of the biggest problems with global warming is convincing people to believe that our actions are contributing to the greenhouse gases.   I am not saying that I don’t believe the Earth is going through a natural process, because that could very well be a part of it.  However, I do think that step number one should be to get everybody on the same page.  I realize that there will always be people who do not believe in global warming, it is impossible to convince the whole world.  But, imagine how much more easy it would be to take action against global warming if we had the effort from the whole world working together.  At, the same time I do not suggest putting off actions towards global warming just because not everyone believes in it.   All I am saying is that it would make it much easier if the planet as a whole was involved.  In almost all of my research that I have done, the number one assumption that people make is that the Earth is too big for humans to have any horrible lasting impact on it.  Well, I think those people are just foolish and in denial if you ask me.  I suggest for those people to do some research on global warming, and it probably won’t take too long for them to change their minds.  I liked this quote because it really is a main issue for global warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment