Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Summary & Evaluation 2

"Global Warming is Manageable-if We're Smart"  Gene Epstein.

Summary
In this article, the author talks about a new age development which is referred to as the concept of "green cities", which is basically "going green".  This article discusses the scarcity of non-renewable resources and mercurial levels of pollution, which makes the concept of "going green" more and more important,  It discusses the top 10 "astounding yet fastidious" green city projects of the future.  The prject cities are starting in the number 10 position as follows:  (10)  Al Raha, 5 sq. km project.  Abu Dhabi.   (9)  Capital green city for Abu Dhabi, 49 million sq. meters.  (8)  Ghantoot green city, Abu Dhabi, 60 sq. km.  (7)  Future City.  Hainan, China. (6)  Green City.  Nanjing, China.  20 sq. km project.  (5)  Singapore, China.  Entire city block going green.  (4)  Tianjin, China.  30 sq. km prject designed for 350,000 people.  (3)  Hanoia Green City.  (2)  Masdar in Abu Dhabi.  6sq. km project with a budget around $20 billion.  (1)  Lavasa, India. 

Evaluation
 I had some trouble following the author in this article.  I definitely think that the author is a reliable source, however, I do think that the way he worded thing was almost in a way that lead people to believe they should already know the topic, therefore detailed information is not necessary.  I could be wrong and maybe others would understand it a little better than I did.  I thought the information was very interesting, and it is good to know that people all over are "going green".  In my opinion from what I have read, China is the leader in Going Green technology.  Overall, I do not feel that I would use this source again for this research topic.  The information is very interesting, but it needs a little more explanation and more information regarding the "Green city" projects, such as exact locations and how long they have been active for.

No comments:

Post a Comment